International School of The Hague Primary uit Den Haag zoekt een Administrative Assistant per 1-2-2019
Currently we have a vacancy for the Primary School:
Administrative Assistant (0.6 FTE) for the primary office
working days Monday, Thursday and Friday
Start Date: 1 February 2019 or soon thereafter
• Handling Phone calls
• Data entry in ParnasSys. Entering absences, late arrivals, early pickups, etc.
• Daily checks on students missing from school and following up with caretakers.
• Collection and escorting students who arrive late or leave early.
• Taking messages from parents to teachers
• Communication with parents with general inquiries
• Assisting teachers and teacher assistance with general queries.
• Daily management of Primary mailbox, addressing all emails where possible.
• Daily end of day process. Contacting caretakers of students not collected on time., liaising with after school activities, etc.
• General upkeep of ParnasSys with up-to-date address details, phone numbers, student photos and all other necessary updates.
• Enquiries about all school activities from students, parents, and teachers.
• Keeping the office environment tidy.
• Creating gate passes for students.
• Assist parents with requests for Special leave, Gate passes, and all other school related paperwork.
• Distributing the incoming and outgoing post
• All duties required for the start of an academic year.
• All relevant administrative support required to assist ISH.
• Be a key team player and have the capacity and flexibility to deal with ad hoc situations.
• Have a good knowledge of administration in a school or company will be beneficial.
• Ability to work in both Dutch and English (written and spoken) is desirable.
• Commitment to improving school communications (internal & external).
• Have a positive approach to all aspects of school life.
• Working hours: 8 AM – 16:30 PM;
• Holidays may not be taken during school term time.
A temporary contract with a prospect to a permanent one, based on the Dutch collective labour agreement (CAO PO), salary scale 4. The specific step in the scale depends on the relevant background and experience.
Please send your letter of application (in English), a recent photograph and your full CV to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible, commencing week of 7 January 2019.
• If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Kathy Carlier, PA to the Primary Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org, before or on 19 December 2018.
• If you have not heard from us the closing date, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school:
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and the VOG policy is applicable and can be obtained via
Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.
The International School of The Hague (ISH) – Secondary
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.