International School of The Hague Secondary uit Den Haag zoekt een Librarian per 01-10-2019
Librarian at The International School of The Hague
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The school is made up of a Primary and a Secondary school, receiving government funding as well as private fees as a Dutch International Schools. The two schools work together as one school with one vision and mission, as part of the Rijnlands Lyceum foundation.
The whole school currently has 2,000 students with over 100 nationalities, taught by teachers from around the world.
Currently we have a vacancy for a Librarian (1.0 FTE)
Start date 1 October 2019 or sooner if possible
The librarian will be responsible for looking after the daily routine, management and development of the Library Resource Center, providing educational and pedagogical leadership with teachers and students , developing the values of academic honesty and citation
● Demonstrates success in working as a school librarian
● Experience in liaising with teachers to deliver information skills and research instructions for all year groups
● English language knowledge at native or near-native level;
● An excellent team player willing to work collaboratively to support the development of the IB Programmes
● Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community.
● A qualified librarian
● Prior work experience in an educational/academic environment;
● Confidence in administering the library management system (for instance Softlink Oliver) and other online library platforms
● Knowledge of current library developments and strong enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with them
● Excellent knowledge of teen and young adult literature
● Strong commitment to teamwork and being highly proactive in working with staff and students
● Excellent organizational demonstrating a clear understanding of priorities and delegation
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
● Excellent ICT skills with desire to integrate new technologies into the library
● Service-oriented, collaborative, and internationally minded personality
● Knowledge of Dutch
● Promote effective student inquiry and concept-based learning by providing a supportive and proactive library service
● Work closely with Teachers, Subject Coordinators, Subject Area Leaders and Deputy Heads, to ensure the library actively supports the students inquiries for all subjects through all year groups
● Coordinate the activities of the library assistants
● Manage the annual library budget
● Manage the textbook resources for all Secondary school departments
Other tasks include:
● Work closely with the library staff in providing excellent library services to the whole school;
● Ensure the physical and online library spaces are safe, welcoming, user-friendly and stimulating;
● Promote the library and reading to all students and school staff;
● Work with teaching staff to raise information literacy and research skill levels across the school;
● Compile policies regarding the circulation and collection development of the library;
● Together with Secondary School Subject Area Leaders manages the textbook orders, catalogue and distribute the textbooks
● 1.0 FTE
We offer a unique opportunity at an exciting time in the development of this highly-regarded international school. The temporary appointment will initially be for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based
on the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement (CAO VO) for Secondary Education, scale 7. The exact step depends on your relevant background and experience.
Other benefits include the 8% holiday allowance, a year-end bonus of 7,4% an extra year-end bonus for educational support staff, a contribution towards travel expenses and the ABP pension scheme.
In addition staff are given a number of options for tax benefits regarding trade union dues, the costs of sports (fitness) membership fees, the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes) and a travel allowance (cafeteria scheme). In addition, Rijnlands
staff receive discounts on various insurance policies.
Because you work in a school environment, you will enjoy the school holidays as well!
● The appointed person will start on 01 October 2019 or sooner if possible.
● All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
● You are invited to express your interest by sending your letter of application (in
English), a recent photograph and your full CV to Penny van Niekerk, ISH Secondary Recruitment Officer, on firstname.lastname@example.org
● Alternatively, you can apply by following the link to our
school website, selecting the corresponding Librarian vacancy, and submitting your application via
● Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent supervisor. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to the second round of interviews.
● Deadline for Applications: Monday 26 August 2019. Short listed candidates will be interviewed
as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and make an appointment prior to the deadline.
● If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny van Niekerk, ISH Secondary Recruitment Officer, on email@example.com before or on the deadline.
● If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our
Note: Agency calls/emails regarding this advertisement are not appreciated.
The International School of The Hague (ISH)
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.