International School of The Hague Primary uit Den Haag zoekt een Library Assistant per 01-08-2019
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-private school located on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has over 2000 students and hosts over 101 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
The Primary School was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “Mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The Primary School was also the first international school in The Netherlands to receive
the Excellente School status from the Dutch Inspection of Education. We now have more than 640 pupils on roll.
We currently have a vacancy for:
· Library Assistant for Primary
· Full time: 1.0 fte (40 hours, Monday-Friday)
We are seeking a Library Assistant who will assist the Primary Librarian in running and developing the ISH Primary School library in order to provide an efficient service to students, staff and whole ISH community.
The position is based on the Dutch collective labor agreement (CAO VO) for secondary education, scale 4. Scaling will take place depending on relevant background and experience. The contract offered to the successful applicant will be for one year. After one
year, a permanent contract will be offered in case of a good performance. The maximum step in scale 4 is gross Eur 2.298,- per month based on a full time FTE.
· Managing the issuing and returning of the library’s holdings
· Shelving books and keeping the library in good order
· Withdrawing holdings under the direction of the librarian
· Provide support for cataloguing of new resources to the library collection
· Processing new resources so that it is ready for shelving
· Managing the library management system and supporting its use by students
· Running the overdue system
· Help library users find resources to meet their needs
· Encourage students and staff in using the library through supporting a range of library based activities
· Supporting the librarian with the supervision of students using the library
· Work towards and support the school vision and current school objectives as outlined in the
school development plan
· Other duties reasonable to assist in the smooth operation of the library
· Assist librarian in preparing reading project, displays, etc
Person Specification for Assistant Librarian
· A good standard of general education
· Previous experience of working in a school environment
· Good level of ICT skills
· High level of spoken and written English
· Enjoy working with children
· Have an interest in children’s literature
· Good organisational skills
· Keen to promote a welcoming and helpful image of the library
· Previous experience of working in a library
· Good knowledge of the day-to-day operation of a library
· Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
· Be interested in their own professional development
· Ability to deal confidently with enquiries from library users
If you are internationally-minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
Interested? Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 21 June 2019. The interviews will take place soon thereafter.
If you have not heard from us by 1 July 2019 then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and VOG procedure is applicable and can be obtained via our
Rijnlands website. Please refrain from placing this advert on recruiting websites without our permission or using it for acquisition purposes.
The International School of The Hague (ISH)
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.