International School of The Hague Secondary uit Den Haag zoekt een Teacher of Spanish Language & Literature and Language Acquisition per 1-8-2019
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public
school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of
The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 2,000 students and hosts over 100 nationalities with teachers from
around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each
At ISH we inspire personal excellence by encouraging our students to be curious, connected and
compassionate . We use student-led inquiry to develop curiosity in authentic and challenging
contexts. Students learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen conceptual, disciplinary and
interdisciplinary understanding by making effective connections with other people and their ideas.
Our students learn how to become compassionate and proactive global citizens through
collaborative projects both in, and beyond, the classroom.
Teachers at ISH achieve these high standards by recognising that, like their students, they are
lifelong learners who must continually reflect upon their own professional practice, as well as
striving to be excellent role models for the ISH Community Profile.
Currently, we have a vacancy at the Secondary School:
Teacher of Spanish Language & Literature and Language Acquisition – 1.0 FTE
Start date: 1 August 2019
● Qualified Teacher with at least 5 years teaching experience.
● Experience of teaching Spanish Language Acquisition & Spanish Literature.
● An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work
collaboratively and support ongoing development of the [Subject] department and whole
● A proactive and enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice.
● Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community.
● Bachelor (or Masters) plus a Postgraduate Level qualification in Education. The teaching
qualification must be for the subject to be taught, in order to be recognized by DUO.
● Willingness to be involved in extracurricular activities.
● Experience in IBMYP and IBDP/CP
● Ensure that you follow the practices outlined by the IB and other appropriate accrediting
● Ensure that you follow the practices outlined in the ISH Assessment Policy
● Ensure that you follow the practices outlined in the ISH High Quality Learning Policy
● Ensure that you follow the practices outlined in the ISH Safeguarding and Child Protection
Policy (and supplementary protocols and guidance), Expectations and Consequences policy
and Student Supervision Guidelines
● Ensure that you follow the practices outlined in the ISH Trips and Extra-curricular Activities
● Ensure that you are efficient and professional in your administrative responsibilities
● Act in full accordance with the ISH Guiding Statements, school policies, protocols and
● Be committed to and take responsibility for my own lifelong learning, and professional
● 1.0 FTE
● This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the
conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO)
for Secondary Education.
● Salary scale LB: €2662 – €4071 pcm (gross) – the step in this scale depends on relevant
● The appointed person will start on 01 August 2019 .
● All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
● You are invited to express your interest by sending your CV and supporting statement ( all in
English ) to email@example.com
● Deadline for Applications: 1 April 2019. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon
as possible . Please note that early applications may be invited to interview early due to
qualifications and experience prior to the deadline.
● If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny van Niekerk, Recruitment
Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
● If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy,
then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email
address or our website/job-vacancies.
Note: Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.
The International School of The Hague (ISH)
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.