International School of The Hague Secondary uit Den Haag zoekt een Timetabler per Z.s.m
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 1,900 students and hosts over 90 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals and Vice-Principals comprise the Senior Leadership
of the School.
Currently we have a vacancy for the Secondary School:
Timetabler 1.0 FTE
Start date: Immediate start
The timetabler will report to the principal. The person in this position will be responsible for the operational management of ISH’s timetabling function, including the management and utilization of the timetable software. This role requires excellent organizational
ability in all aspects of operational planning and timetable production. The job is demanding and requires the ability to work independently and in a team with a high degree of professionalism.
Timetabling key tasks:
• Work on the production of the ISH timetable, working with colleagues to proactively and accurately create, maintain and update the timetable and timetable database to reflect accurate activities, rooms, and rescheduled classes;
• Ensure the production of a timely and accurate timetable.
• Identify improvement opportunities and implement dynamic solutions to existing issues;
• Monitor and process requests for leave and cover for all academic staff;
• Liaise with the other staff to effectively manage the timetable by providing administrative support in the production, administration and development of the timetable;
• Enter timetable data onto UNTIS and other necessary school systems;
• Other relevant duties as deemed appropriate within the context of the role.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience of working with timetabling databases;
• Advanced level of MS office skills including Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Excellent math skills and oral communication skills;
• Effective time management skills;
• Advanced problem-solving skills;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Good positive communication skills, patience with all staff, students, and contacts;
• Able to remain calm, efficient and positive under pressure;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision & work on own initiative;
• Maintain high standards of accuracy.
• Relevant knowledge of UNTIS or similar timetabling software.
• Working hours 07:30 hrs. – 16:00 hrs;
• Holidays may not be taken during the school term time.
This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary education. Scaling: OOP (Support) staff.
The International School of The Hague (ISH) – Seconday
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.